Tomomi Rector has dedicated her career to help others for over 16 years. She has worked with various population: adults, children, adolescents from various ethnic, socio-economic backgrounds and sexual orientation. Some were trauma survivors. Some were hard working parents. Some had disabilities. Some were labeled as troubled teenagers. Some were hurt children. All struggled on daily bases.
Tomomi is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing. Her clients describe her "DIFFERENT" and "EFFECTIVE".
Summary of Experience
- Private practice since 2003
- Parent support groups for new mothers
- Community mental health clinics for very diverse clients with various issues
- Counseling for children, teens and families
- Special education teaching assistant
Credential & Education
- Marriage and family Therapist, MFC40284, California Board of Behavioral Science
- Masters of Science in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling at San Francisco State University
- Bachelors of Art in Child and Family Development at University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist (CAMFT)